Upcoming Event

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Latest from Andrew's Desk

Seeing as John's been posting soo much lately about his Fimir, I figured it'd be good for me to show what I've been doing too!

I've painted up the two 25th anniversary models GW put out this year for my brother this Christmas. He started in 2nd edition with his good friend, which is then how I got into it. His friend passed away a few years ago due to an allergy problem, so this is a nice way of remembering him and how awesome he was haha. I then used the program cover from Games Day and the cover for the Crimson Fists model as a background piece to frame it. Overall, I like how it turned out and he enjoyed the gift, so that's all that matters!










I also painted the first of a variety of Game of Thrones characters from the series. Dark Sword Miniatures puts out pretty much every character, and some of my siblings like it. So, I asked for their favorites, and the first/easiest to do was Ghost, the Dire Wolf. This was the first time I'd painted dog/wolf eyes, and it was surprisingly easy to do once I found an appropriate color.






This is my list of main colors, for the curious. Oh, and I primed all in white:

Blood Angel
Red Armor
- Blood Red basecoat
- Blazing Orange highlight
- Dwarf Flesh 2nd highlight
- Baal Red wash
- Skull White 3rd highlight

Black Armor
- Chaos Black basecoat
- Shadow Grey highlight
- Space Wolves Grey 2nd highlight

Yellow Armor
- Casandora Yellow wash
- Skull White highlight


Crimsons Fist
Blue Armor
- Regal Blue basecoat
- Ultramarines Blue highlight
- Space Wolves Grey 2nd highlight
- Asurmen Blue wash

Red Armor
- Mechrite Red basecoat
- Blood Red highlight
- Blazing Orange 2nd highlight
- Leviathan Purple wash


Dire Wolf
- Space Wolves Grey basecoat
- Skull White drybrush

- Chaos Black eyes
- Terracotta color highlight
- Skull White dot highlight

No comments:

Post a Comment