Upcoming Event

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Rise of Legends; Ryan G; Part 3

Howdy all,
      It's the end of the month, so that means it's time for a Rise of Legends update. To start, I ended up changing my regiment. It seems that most people are going with a 6-10 troops, so I wanted to try a more elite type list. I took an all cavalry list that I feel is still balanced. Here it is:

Dragon Prince
      - Champ upgrade
      - Enchated Shield
      - Luckstone
      - Potion of Foolhardiness

Silver Helm
      - Dashing Cloak of Heroic Renown

Silver Helm
      - Steel Lined Cloak

Ellyrian Reaver
      - Bow
      - Last Chance

As you can see it is very few models, but I am relying on armor saves to keep them around.

       Next, I got a little bit of hobbying done and mostly completed 3 out of 4 model bases.
      I used random wood chips that I "borrowed" from work to give them a rocky or mountainous look. I am very please with how they came out, and once I get the models on them, I am also going to try flocking snow on them as well.
      Finally, I finished up one of the Silver Helm horses. I have come to the conclusion that I am going to be hard pressed to get all four of these models done even though I have until November. Just not enough hours in the day for me at this point. That being said, I copped out and have not done any conversions so far, and I am not sure I am going to. I am hopeing that he basing and painting will be good enough to make up for that.

There you go. Progress is being made, but it is certainly slow progress. See ya next month.

Cheers,
Ryan G

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Get those dark colors in there so you can run them as Dark Elves to BOY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Get those dark colors in there so you can run them as Dark Elves to BOY!

    ReplyDelete