Upcoming Event

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Rise of Legends - Da Burna Boy'z (Pt. 9)

Joe reporting in yet again!  I'm here to show you some more paint that I've been slinging recently with another 3 models from my Regiment.  Some Orc Boy'z and a Goblin Wolf Rider.


Oops, you see; in my haste to keep working on the project I actually got a fair distance into basecoats and the first washes before I realized I hadn't taken any pictures of this group yet.  So here they are before I started layering.


I believe this set was somewhere between the 2nd and 3rd layers of paint.  Not everything had received its washes yet and the one Orcs pants weren't brought up yet in color.  You can see that I went a fair distance before these pics though as I'm nearly done with their torches.
Nearly complete now.  I've begun the highlighting stages and finishing touches such as the check/dag patterns that I'll be using intermittently on some of the Orcs.  Pants are brought up and I've washed down the metals so they weren't so bright.  Highlighted ropes and I think the metals as well.  Its hard to tell from the pictures.  I should really take better notes.
With some final small highlights and the addition of the flock I complete the group.  I'm satisfied for the most part.  I really like how the flames are turning out except for the guy who has the home made torch.  I really made that fire way to tall before I realized what I'd done.  However; I wasn't about to go back to the cutting stage after the first layer of paint went on.  I'll just have to deal.  Perhaps he's compensating.
I thought as I leave you dear reader I'd throw a pic of the 6 models now complete up.  I'm pretty happy thus far with the group.  The only two left to paint now are my Boar Riders.  I'm very excited to see the final results along with their mini display board as well as to see how they perform in game.  Keep up your watch on the blogs and if you have any comments please feel free to ask.

Da Burna Boy'z!
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8

1 comment: