Upcoming Event

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Rumors: Tau Codex in 2015





While the podcast does tend to share rumors on our Facebook page from other sites, we rarely post ones that originate with us.  That said, this one is prompted by the recent rumor posted by the Lords of Wargaming in response to the release date of a plastic Horus Heresy kit


Shit, you will see a Tau codex before you see plastic Horus Heresy.


On the surface, this could be taken as a sarcastic response to the current rumors.  However, I do believe this is confirmation that we should expect a Tau release later this year.  The reason I believe this is I have also heard of Tau coming from two different sources over the last few months.  One source simply shared that there would be a Tau release later this year.  The source has been pretty reliable, but frankly I had not seen anything from other sources so I didn't think much of it at the time.

The other source shared that Kroot would be removed from the Tau book, and that Tau and Kroot would each be getting a codex later this year.  More interesting, my source indicated the Tau release will have a few new kits (1 or 2) with a focus being on the new Kroot models.  Just for the record, the rumor about Tau/Kroot was received a few weeks before a similar one appeared on Faeit 212. 

So what does this all mean?  I believe we can expect a new Tau codex sometime later this year. If I were to hazard a guess, I would expect to see it in October or November.  By the end of the year, time will have determined if my attempt at using a crystal ball was successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment