Upcoming Event

Friday, April 24, 2015

Colossal Squig and Giant Squig Painting

Colossal and Giant Squig Painting
 

Hello again and I just wanted to post a finished picture of my three squigs.  I primed these guys black and work up a basecoat with several layers.  First I do a heavy drybrush, Blood Red/Sandstone/desert yellow), then a Black Wash(secret weapon miniature but any black wash could work).  Next I do another heavy drybrush followed by a brown wash(maybe GW's Mud color or Agrax Earthshade).  I then do another drybrush of the same color.  After that I then highlight all the high spots with a solid color of the same tone.  After these layers I start doing 50/50 mixes with the basecoat and white or a off white color line bone white.  I followed all the same steps with teeth, and mushrooms.  Teeth starting with Kehmri brown, bleached bone and then skull white.  The mushrooms are coated with several layers, not highlighted and then just white dots added.  Pictures below.

Giant Squig 1 with Desert Yellow basecoat

Giant squig 2 with blood red base.

Colossal Squig in its glory

Orcs being eaten! Oh I see you there!

Some goblins added to the top.


No comments:

Post a Comment