Upcoming Event

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Domus - Rat Ogre Kingdoms

Hello.

I've agreed to join the Regiments of Renown project John is hosting and will be creating models that will eventually be part of a larger Warhammer army.

Inspired by a theme idea given to me 5 years ago by a close friend I will be creating a Rat Ogre Kingdoms force.  Basically, an Ogre Kingdoms army entirely using rat ogre models and a skaven theme.  The rat ogres are host to a number of awesome models rarely seen except as unit fillers due to the terrible rules currently in play for them.

This Regiment of Renown will be used as a bit of proof of concept for my army force and will help me to work out basing decisions and create a small diorama to help push my theme.

I'm still working out the exact details of what to include in my force.  100 pts does not give one a lot of room for ogres.  Currently toying with 2 ogres, 1 sabretusk and 3 gnoblars.  More to come as I figure that bit out.

For now I just want to state some of the goals I hope to hit with this project.

Contrast
I really want to push contrast in every way possible.
Old Models ---> New Models
Converted Models ---> Unconverted Models
As well as pushing contrast with the paint on the models themselves.

In the next week or two I will put up a post with both my army build and some WIP models. 

Cheers,
Domus

No comments:

Post a Comment