Upcoming Event

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Rise of Legends: Ryan G: High Elves

Hey Gang,

       My name is Ryan G, and I am playing Regiments of Renown! John has been nice enough to invite me to join this campaign project, and I appreciate the opportunity. If you have listened to the most recent Unstable Dice Podcast, you heard Joe F mention that he would ask his buddy Ryan to join this campaign to give us an even number. Well, that is me. I have been playing Fantasy off and on for the past 15ish years. You can also hear me a bit coming up on future episodes of the Waaaghcast with Joe F.

      For the RoR, I have chosen to do High Elves. I narrowed it down to either High Elves or Wood Elves, but considering that I already have enough High Elves sitting in a box, and no Wood Elves in sight, it made my decision even easier.

My tentative force list is:

Pheonix Guard – Leader

Spearman

Spearman

Silver Helm

Silver Helm

Shadow Warrior




      The current idea is to do a winter theme for them. I have always liked the look of well done snow bases, but have never tried it myself so thought this would be a great opportunity. The army force choices were completely made due to background/theme, and models that I already have. I purposely took some duplicate model choices to force myself to do some conversion work to make them look different. I know the Shadow Warrior is not a very good choice because you can’t Scout in RoR, but I like the model and like the theme. A brief background is that my force is chasing a Dark Elf Assassin into Naggarorth for retribution for killing the High Elf King and Queen. Because of the assassination of the King and Queen, the princess, now Queen, does not have the time to deploy an entire army so she is sending a elite scouting force to snuff out this assassin.

       Anyway, I am really looking forward to doing this, and because it is only 6 models, I can really put some time and effort into these and do the best I can. Only the Shadow warrior is metal, so the rest of the models will hopefully have some small conversions to them due to them being plastic.

Take care,

Ryan G

No comments:

Post a Comment