Upcoming Event

Monday, July 29, 2013

Rise of Legends - Da Burna Boy'z (Pt. 4)

So I’ve still been plugging away on the models happily now that I’m 100% settled on a list.  I keep talking more to Chuck and Ryan about the lists and I think this one will probably not perform as well as I could have made an O&G list using Savage Orcs but I went for fluff over effectiveness which in my opinion is what hobby is about to me.  Everybody gets what they want out of a hobby and while I enjoy fluff over competitiveness I know there are people who feel the other way.

Still, ignoring all of that, here are some pictures of the current works in progress.

Orc Boy #1 with Torch
Starting with my single pose model I cut and moved an arm while trimming down the chunk of his axe where his two choppas were at one point connected.  Having repositioned the arm I then took out the weapon and with a piece of an old Wood Elf Dryad I placed that in his hand to make a torch.  I used a piece from a banner pole out of an Orc or Goblin Chariot (I don’t remember which exact kit it came from) and some greenstuff to make the fire.  I added a shoulder pad to help ease the transition of the reposed arm and a rope to hold the shoulder pad on.


Orc Boy #2 with Big Bag
This single pose Orc I haven’t decided to do too much to yet.  I may change a weapon at some point but for now what I’ve done is add a big bag bit from an older edition Giant to his back.  Then I made a big rope to hold it over his shoulder.





Boar Boy with Club Wiv Nail In’
I’ve also done a little more continued work on this guy.  I gave him a spike over his shoulder and a small strap to attach it to his belt on his back.  I puttied in his belt pouch as well as added and filled in a 2nd bag on the other side of his belt.  I also decided to again add some shoulder pads here to ease the transition of his greenstuffed shoulders since these weren’t his original arms.



So there you can see the work I've been doing.  I've also begun trimming the mold lines from the other Boar Rider (My Leader) and I'll begin working on him soon.  So far I think they are turning out well and I'm looking forward to getting even more done.  I've also been trying to decide on color schemes for the unit.  I don't want to do all a single color of green for the skins so I'm thinking 3/4 different shades for them.  If anyone has recommendations for colors please drop me a line.  Thanks!


Da Burna Boy'z!
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

No comments:

Post a Comment