Upcoming Event

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Rise of Legends - Rat Ogre Kingdoms part 2

Rat Ogre Kingdoms - part 2

I've been struggling with basing concepts.   As this RoR is also going to be carried on to a full fledged army I need to have a workable basing / display base concept.

I really locked into wanting to do something with a sewer.  Alot of the images I found though were all narrow corridors and didn't really translate well to an army.

After spending a couple of hours pouring over google images I found some images from a Castlevania video game which really captured the look I wanted.  So the pic below is the inspiration and really gives me some good ideas on how to do a "large room" sewer theme.


With that in mind I set to work playing with a bit of styrofoam, some existing rat ogres from a friend, some minatures and bit of Castle Greyskull.  My goal for my RoR is to not only have the models but to create a story.  So this is a bit of a rough idea of a small bit of display.   I really like where this is headed and will let me do a lot of terrain elements as well as include some water features.  Really looking forward to working on this mini diorama and the models in the upcoming weeks!


I am also locking in my force as the following
Irongut - Leader
Ogre w/ AHW
Sabretusk
2 x Gnoblars

I've not yet gotten into working out which bits of veteran kit to use but it will be included!

Cheers,
Domus

No comments:

Post a Comment